Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The IP Timemachine

I started working when I was 15 years old. It was at the trucking company my dad worked for. I finished all the manual labor they gave me by the middle of the summer, so I got sent into the office to do data entry. That got me started on computers and the rest is history.

I bet you're wondering what this has to do with networking? Well, I remember clearly taking my timecard to the time clock to punch in and out every day. That machine was built like a tank that would last forever ! You know the kind I'm talking about - the big grey metal box with the clock on the front and the big button on the top !

Well, I'm guessing they must look a bit different these days since I found out today that time clocks are getting connected to our IP network ! Time clocks !

Here's the list of devices I know are connected to our network (off the top of my head):

Phones, cellphones, security cameras, heating and air conditioning systems, electric meters, door locks, parking gates, cash registers, laundry machines, fire alarms, MRI machines, game systems, TVs, digital signs, clocks, and probably many more I'm not aware of.

Crazy stuff !




-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: